European beekeepers are pushing their governments to implement new Risk Assessment scheme for pesticides on bees at EU level!
To be adopted and implemented the new methodologies for risk assessment of pesticide on bees proposed by the EFSA have to be approved by the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health (SCOFCAH) (meeting between EU Members states representatives and the EU Commission). The process is on going. A decision should be taken in 2014. The decision of the SCOFCAH will be decisive to set up new basis of risk assessment of pesticides on bees in the EU for the next years.Read more
Bee friendly farming?Aujourd'hui, il est essentiel de comprendre que l'agriculture est liée à la nature et au vivant! Les deux sont inséparables. Les agro-écosystèmes doivent être compris dans leur ensemble: des êtres vivants du sol aux végétaux cultivés, en... Read more
Vote for Bees and Agriculture: Public Eye Awards 2014!Syngenta, BASF and Bayer are multinational companies that produce and sell highly toxic pesticides (systemic pesticides). Their pesticides are mass-killing bees and other pollinators. Some of these pesticides have been banned in Europe since... Read more
Bee2bees : an Open Data project for healthy bees !Bee2bees is an open source and open data project which aims to follow up honeybee colony losses all over the world. The project has been established by Bee Life - European Beekeeping Coordination, Réseau Citoyens capteurs and the Greens at the EU... Read more
Beecome: 2nd European Beekeeping CongressOn the 9th, 10th and 11th of November 2013, the CARI (Belgian Beekeeping Center of Research and Information) is organizing the 2nd European Congress of Beekeeping, “Beecome” at Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium). Read more
An agricultural model good for pollinators: conferenceOn 6th November 2013, in the framework of its Food Campaign, the Greens/EFA group is organising a public conference on 'An agricultural model good for pollinators: the way forward' in the European Parliament (Brussels, Belgium). Read more
Monsanto and Syngenta auto-awarded « Nobel Prize for food »: in which world do we live ?The World Food Prize, also known as ‘the Nobel Prize for food and agriculture’ attributed this year to three scientists pioneers in the development of genetically modified crops : Marc Van Montagu (Belgium), Mary-Dell Chilton (US, Syngenta)... Read more
Risk assessment of pesticides on bees: European beekeepers call on their governments to adopt new EFSA Guidelines!1.10.2013, Brussels - PRESS RELEASE On 2nd and 3rd October 2013, European Members States and EU Commission representatives will meet in Brussels to discuss the new EFSA Guidance Document on Risk Assessment of Pesticide for Bees. This aims to... Read more
- Neonicotinoids: Syngenta and Bayer go to court against the European Commission
- Bees die on sunflower in Italy
- Letter to Commissioner Borg highlights some contradictions remaining in the new Guidance document on risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Doors keep revolving: government bee scientist joins pesticide industry.
- Qualified majority for fipronil restriction at EU level
- Facts and figures for an informed opinion on fipronil.
- FAQ on neonicotinoids: harmful insecticides for bees
- The European Bee Week: small steps in front of the emergency!
- After neonicotinoids comes fipronil: Europe acknowledges that another pesticide poses risks to bees.
- Europe on the right track to protect bees!
- Ask your minister to save Europe’s bees! Do your bit, to make sure they do theirs.
- Proceedings: Farming without neonicotinoids: Yes, we can!
- Pesticides: WHAT'S NEXT?
- Neonicotinoids: what do we need in Europe to open our eyes and ban these unsafe pesticides for the environment?
- Why are neonicotinoids a threat to ecological health and safety of the European Union?
- 22nd of March: Pollinator Friendly Farming is possible: conference-debate.
- Citizens continue asking for the ban of neonicotinoids
- Bees & pesticides in the frontline of the EU policy
- French prohibition of Cruiser OSR: Stéphane Le Foll takes a first step in the right direction. When will we see the prohibition of all insecticides from the same family?
- Seeds of change: a superb video about seed sovereignty narrated by Jeremy Irons
- Honeybee disappearance: will the Autorities finally act?
- Sharing biodiversity? with whom?
- EFSA report: THE IMPACT OF PESTICIDES ON BEES
- Analysis of the Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Stringent Environmental Regulations Affect Growth
- AVAAZ - 24 hours to save the Bees!
- EU Ombudsman investigates whether the Commission should do more to combat increased bee mortality
- TWO NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES: a new suspicion of neonicotinoid pesticides…
- NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE: Multiple Routes of Pesticide Exposure for Honey Bees Living Near Agricultural Fields
- VIDEO - RFID microchips to help bees
- Spanish and European experts expose environmental, social, economic and health risks of GMOs in Madrid
- The European Court of Justice has decided: Bees or GMOs?
- Italy - The suspension of tanning Killer of Bees is not until December, but only until October 31!
- France - Cruiser OSR authorised on rape: Is it a Minister of Agriculture or chemistry?
- Slovenia: new hives massacre. The Government outlawing pesticides killer for bees
- Bee losses arrived to the antipodes
- Beekeepers will be present at the General Assembly of Bayer to protest against pesticides
- BEES NEED YOU HELP!!!
- Neurotoxic corn seed treatments kill bees and are a good deal only for vendors
- Apiaries in the German Bee Monitoring show surprising gains over the winter
- Coalition advisor orders review of professedly safe pesticides
- CONFERENCE: Long-term effects of plant protection products on bees: is there a risk?
- Responsible’ Soy: misleading consumers
- Avaaz petition to save bees