Press Release Brussels, 24 of June 2014
For four years, 29 scientists, members of the Task Force on Systemic Pesticides, have undertaken a worldwide assessment on neonicotinoids and fipronil (www.tfsp.info). The assessment pulled together 800 peer reviewed studies and confirms that neonicotinoids and fipronil are key factors in the decline of bees. The study goes a step further as its main conclusion is the significant risks of systemic pesticides neonicotinoids and fipronil to biodiversity and ecosystems.Read more
Politics for people…and for bees, not for profitJust before the EU elections between 22nd and 25th of May 2014, ALTER-EU (The Alliance for Lobbying Transparency and Ethics Regulation) has launched the campaign "Politics for people, not for profit" (1). The campaign aims to check the commitment... Read more
Supporting Bees is supporting Life : share your Bee Life PhotoWhy do you want to protect bees? Why do you work for/with bees? Which future do you dream for bees…and for us? Share your message and send us your photo to: email@example.com Read more
Beekeepers, environmental NGOs and civil right groups demand that Syngenta, Bayer and BASF stop killing beesBrussels/Zurich, April 29, 2014 - A Europe-wide Alliance to Save the Bees and Agriculture today made themselves heard at the annual general meetings (AGMs) of Syngenta and Bayer to demand the agrochemical companies acknowledge their role in global... Read more
European Commission taking the lead to protect beesPress Release, 08.04.2014 - The Bee Health conference, organised by the Commission on 7 April 2014 (1) (1a) brought together a huge number of people in Brussels interested in bee health. The stakeholders, beekeepers, farmers, scientists,... Read more
Bees on the spotlight in Brussels: Feverish start to April with debate controlled by agro-chemical industry interestsPress Release, Brussels, 31 March 2014 - The first week of April 2014, Brussels hosts a series of conferences dealing with bees and pollination. One of these, the Bee Week will take place for the third consecutive year at the European Parliament... Read more
Supporting winegrowers that refuse to treat their vineyards with insecticidesFlavescence dorée is a vine disease transmitted by an insect vector: the leafhopper. In order to eradicate this disease, the region of Bourgogne in France obliges its winegrowers to treat their vineyards with insecticides since 2013. As a result,... Read more
Ask your minister to save Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs) from pesticides!EFAs, the core of the Common Agricultural Policies (CAP) "Greening" are under threat! As the European Commission is writing into law the CAP’s final texts, several exemptions and loopholes have surfaced. One loophole would permit the use of... Read more
- Public Eye Awards 2014: a massive public support for bees: Thank you!
- OPERA Research Center, a front group for the pesticide industry in the bee debate
- Bees and Agriculture: a vital alliance to be preserved
- European beekeepers are pushing their governments to implement new Risk Assessment scheme for pesticides on bees at EU level!
- Bee friendly farming?
- Vote for Bees and Agriculture: Public Eye Awards 2014!
- Bee2bees : an Open Data project for healthy bees !
- Beecome: 2nd European Beekeeping Congress
- An agricultural model good for pollinators: conference
- Monsanto and Syngenta auto-awarded « Nobel Prize for food »: in which world do we live ?
- Risk assessment of pesticides on bees: European beekeepers call on their governments to adopt new EFSA Guidelines!
- Neonicotinoids: Syngenta and Bayer go to court against the European Commission
- Bees die on sunflower in Italy
- Letter to Commissioner Borg highlights some contradictions remaining in the new Guidance document on risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Doors keep revolving: government bee scientist joins pesticide industry.
- Qualified majority for fipronil restriction at EU level
- Facts and figures for an informed opinion on fipronil.
- FAQ on neonicotinoids: harmful insecticides for bees
- The European Bee Week: small steps in front of the emergency!
- After neonicotinoids comes fipronil: Europe acknowledges that another pesticide poses risks to bees.
- Europe on the right track to protect bees!
- Ask your minister to save Europe’s bees! Do your bit, to make sure they do theirs.
- Proceedings: Farming without neonicotinoids: Yes, we can!
- Pesticides: WHAT'S NEXT?
- Neonicotinoids: what do we need in Europe to open our eyes and ban these unsafe pesticides for the environment?
- Why are neonicotinoids a threat to ecological health and safety of the European Union?
- 22nd of March: Pollinator Friendly Farming is possible: conference-debate.
- Citizens continue asking for the ban of neonicotinoids
- Bees & pesticides in the frontline of the EU policy
- French prohibition of Cruiser OSR: Stéphane Le Foll takes a first step in the right direction. When will we see the prohibition of all insecticides from the same family?
- Seeds of change: a superb video about seed sovereignty narrated by Jeremy Irons
- Honeybee disappearance: will the Autorities finally act?
- Sharing biodiversity? with whom?
- EFSA report: THE IMPACT OF PESTICIDES ON BEES
- Analysis of the Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Stringent Environmental Regulations Affect Growth
- AVAAZ - 24 hours to save the Bees!
- EU Ombudsman investigates whether the Commission should do more to combat increased bee mortality
- TWO NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES: a new suspicion of neonicotinoid pesticides…
- NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE: Multiple Routes of Pesticide Exposure for Honey Bees Living Near Agricultural Fields
- VIDEO - RFID microchips to help bees
- Spanish and European experts expose environmental, social, economic and health risks of GMOs in Madrid
- The European Court of Justice has decided: Bees or GMOs?
- Italy - The suspension of tanning Killer of Bees is not until December, but only until October 31!
- France - Cruiser OSR authorised on rape: Is it a Minister of Agriculture or chemistry?
- Slovenia: new hives massacre. The Government outlawing pesticides killer for bees
- Bee losses arrived to the antipodes
- Beekeepers will be present at the General Assembly of Bayer to protest against pesticides
- BEES NEED YOU HELP!!!
- Neurotoxic corn seed treatments kill bees and are a good deal only for vendors
- Apiaries in the German Bee Monitoring show surprising gains over the winter
- Coalition advisor orders review of professedly safe pesticides
- CONFERENCE: Long-term effects of plant protection products on bees: is there a risk?
- Responsible’ Soy: misleading consumers
- Avaaz petition to save bees