The Monsanto Tribunal is an international civil society initiative to hold Monsanto accountable for human rights violations, for crimes against humanity, and for ecocide. Eminent judges will hear testimonies from victims, and deliver an advisory opinion following procedures of the International Court of Justice. A parallel People's Assembly provides the opportunity for social movements to rally and plan for the future we want. The Tribunal and People's Assembly will take place between 14 and 16 October 2016 in The Hague, Netherlands. The background information and the appeal can be found on the following website, http://www.monsanto-tribunal.org
The Programme can be found here
To register please click here
Since the tribunal needs additional funding, we ask for you financial supportRead more
Struggle for the Implementation of New Pesticide Assessment Methods with Regards to Bees - The Truth behind the ExcusesPRESS RELEASE - Louvain la Neuve, June 22, 2016 In 2013, the EFSA updated the methodology for carrying out the risk assessment of pesticides on bees. Today this methodology is not yet officially in place. Bee Life publishes a factsheet on the... Read more
2016 Bee WeekPRESS RELEASE - Louvain la Neuve, June 21, 2016 The 2016 Bee Week took place between the 13th and 16th of June in the European Parliament on the initiative of the Bulgarian MEP Mariya Gabriel (EPP). It was its 5th edition, and the second... Read more
Thiacloprid honey: European beekeepers oppose the raising of Maximum Residues Limits (continue...)PRESS RELEASE - Louvain la Neuve, April 27, 2016 Recently, the Commission and EU member states agreed to raise the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL), for the pesticide thiacloprid in honey, to 0.2 mg/kg. As a direct result, bees, pollinators and... Read more
Biodiversity at the French National Assembly: neonicotinoid insecticides banned but ... in two yearsThe fate of bees is again in the hands of the French National Assembly. Courageously, in March 17, 2016, the deputies decided a ban on neonicotinoids, these bee-killers, effective from September 1, 2018. The Assembly finally takes its... Read more
Thiacloprid honey: European beekeepers against rising Maximum Residues LimitsPRESS RELEASE Louvain la Neuve, March 7, 2016 Thiacloprid honey: European beekeepers against rising Maximum Residues Limits On March 1, the EFSA issued a positive opinion on the change of the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) in honey of... Read more
Syngenta : between pesticides and liesCOMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE Bruxelles, 28 Janvier 2016 Syngenta : entre pesticides et mensonges Récemment, deux chercheurs de Syngenta ont critiqué une publication scientifique de chercheurs indépendants mettant en évidence la contamination... Read more
Flupyradifurone : second bee-toxic neonicotinoid authorized by DG Sante in 3 months...PAN-Europe and Bee Life PRESS RELEASE Brussels, 13 November 2015 Flupyradifurone : second bee-toxic neonicotinoid authorized by DG Sante in 3 months... As we learned today, on 9 October 2015, the European Commission and Member States have... Read more
- ‘Post-Neonic, “What Next? symposium
- Bee Life challenges the authorization of sulfoxaflor at EU Court of Justice
- European attempts to say no to Sulfoxaflor, another systemic insecticide just authorised by the Commission
- European Food Safety Agency confirms that neonicotinoid insecticides still pose a grave threat for bees
- Countrywide field study highlights negative effects of neonicotinoids on bees
- Shock and dismay as the EU allows a new bee-killing insecticide
- Neonicotinoids: British government puts bees at risk
- 483 Organizations from across Europe, Ask the European Parliament to Stop TTIP
- Pesticide cocktails found in puddles on Austrian farmland endanger bees
- EFSA Guidance : New methodologies to assess the risks of pesticides on bees
- The European Red list of Bees: much work to be done, many solutions available
- Slovenian beekeepers at the EU Parliament to protect the bees: a whole country full of Common sense regarding bees and their environment
- Open Letter to Commission: new GMOs should not escape regulation
- Black spring for bees: National governments blocking appropriate risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Bee Life activity report 2014: Beekeepers protecting bees and their environment
- CAP and Pollinators
- Austria and Hungary advocate for food and environmental contamination instead of promoting alternatives to pesticides
- Videos: ‘Pollinator-Friendly-Farming’ for Europe : a must
- Beekeepers protests in Romania against neonicotinoids and fipronil
- New worldwide scientific analysis: Systemic pesticides pose global threat to bees and biodiversity
- Politics for people…and for bees, not for profit
- Supporting Bees is supporting Life : share your Bee Life Photo
- Beekeepers, environmental NGOs and civil right groups demand that Syngenta, Bayer and BASF stop killing bees
- European Commission taking the lead to protect bees
- Bees on the spotlight in Brussels: Feverish start to April with debate controlled by agro-chemical industry interests
- Supporting winegrowers that refuse to treat their vineyards with insecticides
- Ask your minister to save Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs) from pesticides!
- Public Eye Awards 2014: a massive public support for bees: Thank you!
- OPERA Research Center, a front group for the pesticide industry in the bee debate
- Bees and Agriculture: a vital alliance to be preserved
- European beekeepers are pushing their governments to implement new Risk Assessment scheme for pesticides on bees at EU level!
- Bee friendly farming?
- Vote for Bees and Agriculture: Public Eye Awards 2014!
- Bee2bees : an Open Data project for healthy bees !
- Beecome: 2nd European Beekeeping Congress
- An agricultural model good for pollinators: conference
- Monsanto and Syngenta auto-awarded « Nobel Prize for food »: in which world do we live ?
- Risk assessment of pesticides on bees: European beekeepers call on their governments to adopt new EFSA Guidelines!
- Neonicotinoids: Syngenta and Bayer go to court against the European Commission
- Bees die on sunflower in Italy
- Letter to Commissioner Borg highlights some contradictions remaining in the new Guidance document on risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Doors keep revolving: government bee scientist joins pesticide industry.
- Qualified majority for fipronil restriction at EU level
- Facts and figures for an informed opinion on fipronil.
- FAQ on neonicotinoids: harmful insecticides for bees
- The European Bee Week: small steps in front of the emergency!
- After neonicotinoids comes fipronil: Europe acknowledges that another pesticide poses risks to bees.
- Europe on the right track to protect bees!
- Ask your minister to save Europe’s bees! Do your bit, to make sure they do theirs.
- Proceedings: Farming without neonicotinoids: Yes, we can!
- Pesticides: WHAT'S NEXT?
- Neonicotinoids: what do we need in Europe to open our eyes and ban these unsafe pesticides for the environment?
- Why are neonicotinoids a threat to ecological health and safety of the European Union?
- 22nd of March: Pollinator Friendly Farming is possible: conference-debate.
- Citizens continue asking for the ban of neonicotinoids
- Bees & pesticides in the frontline of the EU policy
- French prohibition of Cruiser OSR: Stéphane Le Foll takes a first step in the right direction. When will we see the prohibition of all insecticides from the same family?
- Seeds of change: a superb video about seed sovereignty narrated by Jeremy Irons
- Honeybee disappearance: will the Autorities finally act?
- Sharing biodiversity? with whom?
- EFSA report: THE IMPACT OF PESTICIDES ON BEES
- Analysis of the Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Stringent Environmental Regulations Affect Growth
- AVAAZ - 24 hours to save the Bees!
- EU Ombudsman investigates whether the Commission should do more to combat increased bee mortality
- TWO NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES: a new suspicion of neonicotinoid pesticides…
- NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE: Multiple Routes of Pesticide Exposure for Honey Bees Living Near Agricultural Fields
- VIDEO - RFID microchips to help bees
- Spanish and European experts expose environmental, social, economic and health risks of GMOs in Madrid
- The European Court of Justice has decided: Bees or GMOs?
- Italy - The suspension of tanning Killer of Bees is not until December, but only until October 31!
- France - Cruiser OSR authorised on rape: Is it a Minister of Agriculture or chemistry?
- Slovenia: new hives massacre. The Government outlawing pesticides killer for bees
- Bee losses arrived to the antipodes
- Beekeepers will be present at the General Assembly of Bayer to protest against pesticides
- BEES NEED YOU HELP!!!
- Neurotoxic corn seed treatments kill bees and are a good deal only for vendors
- Apiaries in the German Bee Monitoring show surprising gains over the winter
- Coalition advisor orders review of professedly safe pesticides
- CONFERENCE: Long-term effects of plant protection products on bees: is there a risk?
- Responsible’ Soy: misleading consumers
- Avaaz petition to save bees