A new study published in Nature has just found a correlation between the death of honeybee colonies and the use of neonicotinoid pesticides in the UK. The fact that bees’ chronic exposure to neonicotinoid insecticides reduces their survival is well known. It has been proven by several laboratory trials. The originality of this study is that it was carried out in the field and on a countrywide scale.Read more
Shock and dismay as the EU allows a new bee-killing insecticidePress Release Shock and dismay as the EU allows a new bee-killing insecticide When would policymakers learn from past decisions? On 27th July 2015, the European Commission and EU Members States authorised a new neonicotinoid, SULFOXAFLOR... Read more
Neonicotinoids: British government puts bees at riskPRESS RELEASE Neonicotinoids: British government puts bees at risk In the UK, farmers will be able to use EU banned pesticides linked to serious harm to bees. UK government succumbs to the pressure of National Farmers Union (NFU) to... Read more
483 Organizations from across Europe, Ask the European Parliament to Stop TTIPA few days before the European Parliament returns to vote on the initiative report on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), 483 civil society organizations from across Europe, comprising the Stop-TTIP Alliance, are asking... Read more
Pesticide cocktails found in puddles on Austrian farmland endanger beesOne in four puddles sampled contained a cocktail of of thiacloprid and azole fungicides in dangerous combinations for bees. The risk to bees, of these insecticidal cocktails, must be considered in all risk assessments for pesticide registration. Read more
EFSA Guidance : New methodologies to assess the risks of pesticides on beesBee Life European Beekeeping Coordination edited this article to give an overview of the situation regarding the risk assessment of pesticides on bees in Europe. Read more
The European Red list of Bees: much work to be done, many solutions availableOn the 20 of April, the European Red list report on bees was launched at a Conference held in Brussels at the EU Economic and Social Committee. This report is the first assessment published on the conservation status of the 1 965 bee species... Read more
Slovenian beekeepers at the EU Parliament to protect the bees: a whole country full of Common sense regarding bees and their environmentOn the 16th of March, the Slovenian Beekeeper’s Association and european deputies from Slovenia organised the event ‘Save the bees’ at the EU Parliament. Slovenian government representatives and a diverse range of stakeholders involved in... Read more
- Open Letter to Commission: new GMOs should not escape regulation
- Black spring for bees: National governments blocking appropriate risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Bee Life activity report 2014: Beekeepers protecting bees and their environment
- CAP and Pollinators
- Austria and Hungary advocate for food and environmental contamination instead of promoting alternatives to pesticides
- Videos: ‘Pollinator-Friendly-Farming’ for Europe : a must
- Beekeepers protests in Romania against neonicotinoids and fipronil
- New worldwide scientific analysis: Systemic pesticides pose global threat to bees and biodiversity
- Politics for people…and for bees, not for profit
- Supporting Bees is supporting Life : share your Bee Life Photo
- Beekeepers, environmental NGOs and civil right groups demand that Syngenta, Bayer and BASF stop killing bees
- European Commission taking the lead to protect bees
- Bees on the spotlight in Brussels: Feverish start to April with debate controlled by agro-chemical industry interests
- Supporting winegrowers that refuse to treat their vineyards with insecticides
- Ask your minister to save Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs) from pesticides!
- Public Eye Awards 2014: a massive public support for bees: Thank you!
- OPERA Research Center, a front group for the pesticide industry in the bee debate
- Bees and Agriculture: a vital alliance to be preserved
- European beekeepers are pushing their governments to implement new Risk Assessment scheme for pesticides on bees at EU level!
- Bee friendly farming?
- Vote for Bees and Agriculture: Public Eye Awards 2014!
- Bee2bees : an Open Data project for healthy bees !
- Beecome: 2nd European Beekeeping Congress
- An agricultural model good for pollinators: conference
- Monsanto and Syngenta auto-awarded « Nobel Prize for food »: in which world do we live ?
- Risk assessment of pesticides on bees: European beekeepers call on their governments to adopt new EFSA Guidelines!
- Neonicotinoids: Syngenta and Bayer go to court against the European Commission
- Bees die on sunflower in Italy
- Letter to Commissioner Borg highlights some contradictions remaining in the new Guidance document on risk assessment of pesticides on bees.
- Doors keep revolving: government bee scientist joins pesticide industry.
- Qualified majority for fipronil restriction at EU level
- Facts and figures for an informed opinion on fipronil.
- FAQ on neonicotinoids: harmful insecticides for bees
- The European Bee Week: small steps in front of the emergency!
- After neonicotinoids comes fipronil: Europe acknowledges that another pesticide poses risks to bees.
- Europe on the right track to protect bees!
- Ask your minister to save Europe’s bees! Do your bit, to make sure they do theirs.
- Proceedings: Farming without neonicotinoids: Yes, we can!
- Pesticides: WHAT'S NEXT?
- Neonicotinoids: what do we need in Europe to open our eyes and ban these unsafe pesticides for the environment?
- Why are neonicotinoids a threat to ecological health and safety of the European Union?
- 22nd of March: Pollinator Friendly Farming is possible: conference-debate.
- Citizens continue asking for the ban of neonicotinoids
- Bees & pesticides in the frontline of the EU policy
- French prohibition of Cruiser OSR: Stéphane Le Foll takes a first step in the right direction. When will we see the prohibition of all insecticides from the same family?
- Seeds of change: a superb video about seed sovereignty narrated by Jeremy Irons
- Honeybee disappearance: will the Autorities finally act?
- Sharing biodiversity? with whom?
- EFSA report: THE IMPACT OF PESTICIDES ON BEES
- Analysis of the Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Stringent Environmental Regulations Affect Growth
- AVAAZ - 24 hours to save the Bees!
- EU Ombudsman investigates whether the Commission should do more to combat increased bee mortality
- TWO NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES: a new suspicion of neonicotinoid pesticides…
- NEW SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE: Multiple Routes of Pesticide Exposure for Honey Bees Living Near Agricultural Fields
- VIDEO - RFID microchips to help bees
- Spanish and European experts expose environmental, social, economic and health risks of GMOs in Madrid
- The European Court of Justice has decided: Bees or GMOs?
- Italy - The suspension of tanning Killer of Bees is not until December, but only until October 31!
- France - Cruiser OSR authorised on rape: Is it a Minister of Agriculture or chemistry?
- Slovenia: new hives massacre. The Government outlawing pesticides killer for bees
- Bee losses arrived to the antipodes
- Beekeepers will be present at the General Assembly of Bayer to protest against pesticides
- BEES NEED YOU HELP!!!
- Neurotoxic corn seed treatments kill bees and are a good deal only for vendors
- Apiaries in the German Bee Monitoring show surprising gains over the winter
- Coalition advisor orders review of professedly safe pesticides
- CONFERENCE: Long-term effects of plant protection products on bees: is there a risk?
- Responsible’ Soy: misleading consumers
- Avaaz petition to save bees